Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Double Majoring in College?

 I've recently made a big decision in my academics, I have decided to take on a second major at Ohio Northern University. I previously was only a Sport Management major, but with a discussion with my acadmeic advisor, I've decided to take on a Marketing major as well. 

I was taken by surprise by the small amount of extra classes this entails, for a marketing minor I would've only had to take two extra classes, and to an even bigger surprise, the major was just four extra classes.

Originally, marketing didn't even cross my mind, but after taking and exploring a few different business classes, marketing sucked me right in. 

I'm extremely excited to get more involved in the world of marketing, whether if that is through social media, or in general marketing. With a new added major, I'll be attending the American Marketing Conference in Chicago the week after spring break,

2 comments:

  1. That was a very smart move to make! I just added a Public Relations minor to my resume and I think it has opened my eyes more to what I can accomplish in my future career. Good luck and have fun at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a brave move! I have been thinking of picking up a minor, but I do not know if it is right for me. You made such a big decision and I hope it works out for you in the long run! Four extra classes is not that much, so you should do great. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Mimic Social

 For the final week of the semester, we have to write about the social media sim we had to complete, Mimic Social. This was a social media s...