Wednesday, March 16, 2022

American Marketing Association

 This week has been one I have looked forward to for a long while now, its finally time for the American Marketing Association conference in Chicago. From Tuesday through early Sunday morning, I and other students from Ohio Northern University will attend. 

The trip started off at 4am on Tuesday morning. Instead of driving all the way to Chicago, we all decided on taking an Amtrak train there, to save a ton of money and stress. The train was 6 minutes late to the station, and while we already thought that was bad, we ended up arriving in Chicago 3 hours late due to traffic, I didn't even know that trains had traffic. 

Other than that, the trip has been well so far, its so interesting to feel the difference in the atmosphere in Chicago compared to Ada. Coming from someone who lives in Cleveland, Chicago is way more alive in terms of people walking the streets, and Chicago also seems much more tourist-friendly compared to my back home counterpart.

Overall, we have quite a few days left, and I'm extremely excited to get to explore Chicago more, and beyond that, I'm excited to get to attend this convention and possibly further my business career.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having fun. I wish I could have attended the marketing conference but I play a spring sport. And believe me as someone who lives in Chicago the traffic their is always horrible.

    ReplyDelete

Mimic Social

 For the final week of the semester, we have to write about the social media sim we had to complete, Mimic Social. This was a social media s...